I am in the smack middle of my birthday week. I can’t remember exactly when I decided to celebrate for a week, but the idea stuck and now it is tradition.
This is a BIG birthday for me. I will be 65 years young on Sunday. Wow! Where did the years go?
So, I thought about some of the things I’ve learned in my 65 years of living. Perhaps there is one nugget in here that you will relate to or it will relate to you. 🙂
- I’ve learned that nothing in life lasts forever and the more you hold onto something the harder it is to let go when it’s time.
- I’ve learned the subtle difference between holding a hand and chaining a soul.
- I’ve learned that Love doesn’t mean leaning and company doesn’t mean security.
- I’ve learned that kisses aren’t contracts and presents aren’t promises
- I’ve learned to work on building my roads today because tomorrow’s ground is too uncertain for plans.
- I’ve learned that falling feels like flying for a little while.
- I’ve learned that I can breathe through most any situation life brings my way.
- I’ve learned that I have worth.
- I’ve learned what unconditional love means.
- I’ve learned that no matter what I may look like on the outside, inside I’m still the same thirty year old woman I knew thirty-five years ago..
- I’ve learned the importance of nurturing my body because I want it to last longer.
- I’ve learned to nurture my soul because that is where I find the peace and contentment that I crave.
- But most of all, as the years fly by, I’ve learned the importance of grabbing every sweet ounce of today and embracing it because it is all fleeting.
I look forward to at least another 25 good years of healthy life ahead!!