In going back through some of the handouts I received at the Authors Marketing Event two weeks ago, I found these useful social media tips and wanted to share.
When is the best time to post to Facebook to get results?
- Best – Weekdays between 1 – 4 p.m.
- Peak – Thursday and Friday
- Most clicks – 3 p.m.
- Use images to increase engagement by 104%
- Don’t forget Facebook Groups – you can create your own group – start discussions, moderate posts and you have the option to make the group private or public
When is the best time to post to LinkedIn?
- Best – Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday
- Peak – 7:30 – 8:30 a.m., Noon, and 5:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Avoid – Monday and Friday 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- LinkedIn groups are hot! And just as with Facebook, you can start your own group.
When is the best time to Tweet?
- Best – Monday – Thursday between 1 – 4 p.m.
- Peak – 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Avoid – Fridays after 5 p.m.
- Avoid other days after 8 p.m.
- Tweets with images have Retweeting, visitor conversion 42% to 48%
- The life of a Tweet is an average of 24 minutes
- Using #hashtags increases visibility and lifespan
When is the best time to Pin?
- Best – Weekends
- Peak – Noon and between 8 p.m. and 11 p.m.
- For retail, Fridays at 3 p.m.
- 55% of Pinterest users buy stuff!
When is the best time to utilize Instagram?
- Non-working hours (evenings and weekends)
- The typical audience is people under the age of 30
- Images are a must
What are your experiences? Have you done experiments or seen other statistics about the optimal times to utilize social media platforms?
I’d love it if you’d connect with me!