In going back through some of the handouts I received at the Authors Marketing Event two weeks ago, I found these useful social media tips and wanted to share.
When is the best time to post to Facebook to get results?
- Best – Weekdays between 1 – 4 p.m.
- Peak – Thursday and Friday
- Most clicks – 3 p.m.
- Use images to increase engagement by 104%
- Don’t forget Facebook Groups – you can create your own group – start discussions, moderate posts and you have the option to make the group private or public
When is the best time to post to LinkedIn?
- Best – Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday
- Peak – 7:30 – 8:30 a.m., Noon, and 5:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Avoid – Monday and Friday 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- LinkedIn groups are hot! And just as with Facebook, you can start your own group.
When is the best time to Tweet?
- Best – Monday – Thursday between 1 – 4 p.m.
- Peak – 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Avoid – Fridays after 5 p.m.
- Avoid other days after 8 p.m.
- Tweets with images have Retweeting, visitor conversion 42% to 48%
- The life of a Tweet is an average of 24 minutes
- Using #hashtags increases visibility and lifespan
When is the best time to Pin?
- Best – Weekends
- Peak – Noon and between 8 p.m. and 11 p.m.
- For retail, Fridays at 3 p.m.
- 55% of Pinterest users buy stuff!
When is the best time to utilize Instagram?
- Non-working hours (evenings and weekends)
- The typical audience is people under the age of 30
- Images are a must
What are your experiences? Have you done experiments or seen other statistics about the optimal times to utilize social media platforms?
I’d love it if you’d connect with me!
Author Facebook Page